Among nutrients, complex carbohydrates provide the mind and body - including the seven chakras and 12 meridians - with the steady and even release of energy needed to perform all life functions, including metabolism. Whole grains, legumes and beans, nuts and seeds, land and sea vegetables and fruits are good sources of vitamins, minerals, fiber and trace elements that promote efficient digestive function and waste elimination, which ensures a smooth flow of energy and nutrients through the body.
Healthy Eating Tips
• Eat a wide variety of plants.
• Eat fruit in the morning and as a snack.
• Make lunch the largest meal of the day.
• Choose foods that are whole, fresh, natural, organic, local and seasonal.
• Eliminate refined, highly processed foods and foods that contain artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, sweeteners and hydrogenated fats.
Provided by Aveda
Posted on Tue, August 19, 2014
by Aubrey Williams filed under