Proper food combining ensures better digestion and nutrition, more comfort and less stress on the mind, body and spirit. Some foods are digested more quickly than others, some require specific digestive enzymes, and others require specific conditions in the stomach to be absorbed and digested properly. For example, proteins digest slowly and require acid digestive juices, and carbohydrates digest quickly and require alkaline juices.
There are four food combining categories:
- Eggs (free-range)
- Soybeans, tofu and all soy products
- Potatoes and starchy vegetables, including yams, sweet corn, etc.
- Grains, including flour, millet, oats, rice, rye, etc.
- Grain products, including bread, cereal, pasta, etc.
- Maple syrup
- Salads and fresh herbs
- Seeds and seed oils
- Butter, cream and spreading fats
- Olive oil (cold-pressed)
- Dried herbs, spices and seasonings
Combine these foods, and experience better digestion, more comfort and less stress on the mind, body and spirit:
- Fish or meat with vegetables
- Pasta with vegetables
- Beans with grains
- Grains with vegetables
- Beans with vegetables
- Fruit by itself
Posted on Wed, April 29, 2015
by Aubrey Williams