After performing the Dry Skin Treatment, perform this self-massage, which nourishes the tissues, improves circulation and increases body awareness.
Dispense your favorite Composition into a two-ounce applicator bottle.
Full-Body Abhyanga Self-Massage (5–10 minutes)
• Apply the Composition directly to your scalp. Using the palms of your hands (not the fingertips), vigorously massage the oil into the scalp using small, circular, shampoo-like motions.
• Move your hands to the face and ears, massaging more gently. Gently massage the temples and backs of the ears.
• Apply more oil to your hands, and massage the neck and shoulders from front to back using the palms of your hands.
• Vigorously massage the arms using circular motions on the shoulders, elbows and wrists and long, back-and-forth motions on the long bones in between the joints.
• Move your hands to the trunk. Using less vigorous, large, circular motions, massage the chest, stomach and lower abdomen in a clockwise direction. Use up-and-down motions over the breastbone.
• Apply more oil to your hands, reach them around your body without straining and massage the back and spine.
• Vigorously massage the legs with circular motions on the joints and back-and-forth motions on the long bones in between the joints.
• Apply any remaining oil to your hands, and vigorously massage the feet.
Posted on Fri, May 16, 2014
by Aubrey Williams filed under